Austin, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: My husband went to divorce court and didn’t tell me anything about it. I’m confused, I’m dying have 0 money HELP ME

He is taking advantage of my illness, if I die soon he doesn’t have to sell the house and he is already cheating. He gives me no money and my disability is 900 and I have to pay the electric bill my cell phone. I’m in the hospital going home on hospice so I need help as soon as possible.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Zubi
Chad Zubi
  • Humble, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I suggest that you contact a legal aid office or another program that offers low cost or free legal services. You are entitled to notice of the divorce lawsuit pending against you. It is important that you retain a lawyer to help you and here is a link on this site to free or low cost legal services in your area.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.