Picayune, MS asked in Probate for Mississippi

Q: Can I probate A will using muniment of title without A lawyer in Mississippi? Small estate less than 25 K

Her will stated that the 1 acre of land be put in my name to sell it and distribute the money to the 5 siblings. No other property , no bank account , no insurance , just the land.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: Probate will not help at all, unless there is a surviving spouse. In fact it may draw creditors that you do not know about. File an Affidavit Of Heirship which shows the six siblings' source of title as heirs. Then all of you can sell it or deed it to one owner.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.