Oakdale, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: My son lives in ca. His x lives in wa. State with 3 kids theres no parenting plan how does he go about getting custody

He gives her money just about every week, she's allowed them to come visit twice, shell tell him they can come again and now won't let them, he feels bad and doesn't think hell be able to get custudy of them the oldest isn't his but hes raised her from birth and he doesn't want to separate the kids, but she has epilepsy and she's alone with them alot the kids are getting older and can feed themself now it was pretty scary when they were tiny, now she's doing drug the kids even know and stay clear of her when she's coming down. My son doesn't want to take them from her but really would he have a chance at getting them? And would he have to go to wa

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Darlington
Mike Darlington
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Shingletown, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If mom and the three kids have lived in Washington for more than six months that state will have jurisdiction of the custody issues with the kids.

That being the case you should consult an attorney who practices family law in Washington.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.