Sonoma, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: Can a dashcam clip from 3 years ago showing a misdemeanor, be used against someone now, considering the rules of SOL?

A little over 3 years ago I had an incident with a driver where I made a maneuver that could hypothetically be considered reckless driving, a misdemeanor, which was recorded on my dashcam. I want to publish the video on Youtube for the first time, showing people what NOT to do. The video has never been seen by anyone but me and there was never any police involvement in the incident. Considering the way statute of limitations works here, could I possibly get in trouble if authorities NOW discover my video that is over 3 years old? I do realize also, that misdemeanors (if my maneuver was even considered reckless driving at all) typically need to be witnessed first-hand by a police officer in order to pursue charges, but not always. My voice can be heard in the video, but they'd still have to prove I was the one driving. I want this video to be a learning moment for all. But if you were me, would you post the video online or forget it, considering its age and statute of limitations?