Lakewood, CA asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for California

Q: I need a civil attorney to file a claim under color of law 1983 claim

in 2011 the county department of children's services in Los Angeles listed my name on the caci and deprive me of a hearing in the dependency children's Court to defend myself against the allegations that the department accuse me of and I wasn't even a party to the case it was my granddaughters case and CPS listed my name on the child abuse Central index and for the last eight and a half years they have been depriving me of a grievance hearing that I am entitled to. Most recently in 2020 my other granddaughters were taken from my home they've been living with me and I've been raising them for the last three years they're very young CPS is claiming because my name was listed on the central index and they have them detained the girls and said they were at risk living with me because my name is listed on the caci since then is what prompt me to get attorney for the caci grievance hearing. The department finally gave me a grievance hearing but denying me to view the evidence because I'm

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: There is a recent case involving a lawyer who had the same thing happen to him. You need to contact a good civil rights lawyer who can take on this fight on your behalf. There are so many great civil rights lawyers and law firms in the Los Angeles area more than capable of handling this kind of case on your behalf. Perhaps you could even contact the ACLU in Los Angeles and ask them for their legal assistance. An attorney on your behalf will not be restricted in seeing the evidence, while you may be because of the nature of any allegations made against you or about you. Discuss this with your lawyer who is representing you in the hearing. Perhaps she can give you a referral to a good civil rights lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.