Orlando, FL asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Civil Rights for Florida

Q: Pregnant minor

What can you legally do when a 17 year old teen gets pregnant and runs away to boyfriends house?

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Are you referring to your daughter, who is unmarried and has run away to stay at another home for more than 24 hours? If so, you may call the police, as the parties sheltering your daughter without your consent are breaking the law (Fla. Statutes Section 985.731), and/or you may call the following Runaway Hotlines to seek help: Florida Runaway Hotline at 1-800-621-4000 or National Runaway Switchboard at 1-800-RUNAWAY. Maybe those hotlines can provide some advice on the psychological aspects of the matter. Good luck.

Bruce Alexander Minnick agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.