Denver, CO asked in Employment Law and Construction Law for Colorado

Q: I recently received a court order to my home address of a company I managed in 2018, and was closed in august 2019.

The order was received at my home address, and stated on the order that it is the companies active office. When the company has been closed since august. I was just a manager and I’m getting the blame cause I was the point of contact. There was draining damage when we did pier drilling, and I was told about this 3 months ago, that I needed to pay them, for the damages and what they fixed, there was no warning or a chance for me to fix without charge. We had 0 idea that there was drain pipes underneath the ground, and were never told, nor explained to be careful nor given blue prints of it.

To top it all off, the law firm has the wrong company name on the order, and i know it’s meant for the company I managed cause it describes the work we did. What should I do? How should I answer the order if the company isn’t even the company I worked for? And how they found my address I don’t know, I moved here 3 months ago barely. Any advice helps, thanks!

1 Lawyer Answer
Donald C Eby
Donald C Eby
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: There is no way to give you good advise here. An attorney will need to see the documents you were served with to provide you with an assessment of your rights, remedies, and risks. And this could be serious, so you'll want to properly respond to avoid taking o liability. You should contact an attorney to schedule at least a 30 minute consultation where the attorney can review the documents which were delivered to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.