North Olmsted, OH asked in Immigration Law for Ohio

Q: How to adjust given name and last name on my first green card ?

I’m immigrant and on my native passport by mistake first name box was left blank and my whole name ( two parts ) was written in last name box . I got visa n moved in US . On visa embassy wrote FNU in given name to fill the place, and my whole name in last name box.

Is there any way so that my name can be splitted and one goes in each box i.e, first in given name box and last in last name box.

Iam also waiting for my first green card.

Can some one guide me to remove FNU from my green card

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL

A: You can request the name be corrected by filing an application to renew/replace your card. If the error was your mistake you will need to pay the filing fee. if it was the mistake of the service you will not need to pay. Include a cover letter explaining and supporting documents to indicate what your name should be.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.