Gilbert, AZ asked in Probate for Arizona

Q: Mom died with no will. Car is paid for but home is in forclosure. Do I still file in probate court?

Mom left no payable life insurance and hardly any $ in her checking account.

I am last surviving child and I paid for cremation services but can't afford to pay off her debt or save the house which is financed to the max, there is no equity in the home.

The car might bring $1000.00 at the most if I could sell it. but it is in her name only.

Anything of value from her personal belongings are gone and we think she sold them at some point in time.

I'm just not sure what petitioning the probate court for personal representative of her estate is going to solve