Fairmont, WV asked in Civil Litigation for West Virginia

Q: What kind of lawyer takes care of getting people out of a house sold on land contract who aren’t making payments?

We sold a house on land contract nearly 2 years ago. Since the sale the buyer has been late on nearly half of his payments. I sent him a letter of delinquency a few months ago on which he gave me a sob story about COVID hurting his job. Well He is back to work now, still late on last months, this months, owes a large amount of late fees, and hasn’t paid taxes. He lost his mind over the last letter and I can’t seem to find what kind of lawyer I need for this issue. Any help?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brooks West II
Brooks West II
  • Charleston, WV
  • Licensed in West Virginia

A: A real estate lawyer would probably be the best kind of lawyer for this issue. Hope this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.