Rahway, NJ asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for New York

Q: Information about NY non-custodial visitation.

I have a visitation order in NY for my daughter i live in NJ , I haven't been successful in acting on it very much since the mother its not cooperating with the order . In the mid of 2018 i lost contact physical and digital with her and daughter and I've trying ever since i also filed numerous police report which pretty much are garbage . in late 2019 i was granted a temporary order on Sundays from 10-1 i didn't act on this order cause i don't agree with such because i am not a criminal and i felt disrespected with this order due to the fact that i wanted weekends as a non-custodial parent a least twice a month with a least one vacation a year . I again lost contact with her since the end of 2019 , i would like to make a second come back but this time with a lawyer to pretty much obtain or at least get some more time with her , what would be the best approach for me to follow and generally speaking how much are we looking at for the whole process . child support 2 date she is 12 years

1 Lawyer Answer
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Garden City, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: This was posted previously and answered. The process hasn't changed. If you are asking how much this matter will cost it would be difficult for any attorney to give you a figure as it all depends on how much time will be spent on the case and if there will need to be a trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.