Ocala, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: I guess im confused about overnights

To me this read as we both have to agree & when agreed on a day to replace for one of the days already scheduled. It reads as follow.

" Father shall visit at mother's house Tuesday and Thursday from 4PM to 8PM Father's shall visit with his son from 9 AM to 6PM on Sundays. After the child is one year old the parties shall agree on a one overnight visit for the father which shall not be less than 16 consecutive hours. The overnight visit shall be in addition or as a repayment of the other visitation previously described."

So if we can't come into an agreement, what happens? Do I have until before he is 2 years old for that one day?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you can't agree, you need to ask the court to decide. As I read it, the "agree to agree" part applies after the child is ONE, not TWO.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.