Tyler, TX asked in Landlord - Tenant for Tennessee

Q: I live in Obion County Tennessee. I have a live in girlfriend that wont stop screwing around on me. How do I evict her?

I asked her to leave and she refuses. She threatened to shoot me if I evict her. She then threatened to burn my house down. Also stating she could hide my body for a year before anyone asked about me. By then the cops will have more important things to do than worry about finding my body. She has pulled numerous knives on me at various times. She is constantly threatening to kill me in my sleep. In the year and a few months that she has been here, she has destroyed doors, broken windows, etc. She also continuously steals numerous personal items including but not limited to: My Windows tablet. Cell phones. SIM cards. SD Cards. Card readers. Etc. I could fill up 2 pages of this stuff. Shortly after I let her move in, less than a month, she started sleeping with other guys in my bed. She blind sided me in the face with a 22oz beer bottle a few months ago. This is a never ending battle and these are just a few things. How do I evict her? Please advise. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: File a Detainer Warrant in General Sessions Court For Possession Only. It must be served or posted. Do not ask for rent money or costs. If she is not out within 10 days of the Judgment, hire a lawyer just to get a Writ of Possession issued and executed. Do not get in a fight, or she will get leverage.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.