Lake Worth, FL asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Florida

Q: What law does child alienation fall under? What is the criteria that has to be met to sue for child alienation?

My husband and I are going through a divorce. I haven’t spent time with our children in 130 days. He has primary residency, not full custody. We do not have a time sharing plan or a parenting plan established. He has restricted health visits so I do not show up to see our daughters. He has taken my younger daughters phone away so I cannot reach her. I ask to see the children daily and most days he doesn’t respond.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr Eric Klein
Mr Eric Klein
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I believe you may want to start by filing a Motion for Temporary Timesharing, Child Support, Maintain the Status Quo and Other Related Relief. You can file a claim of Parental Alienation, but you may wish to do so within the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. You may have to file a Motion to Amend the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage to include the additional claim. I wish you good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.