Akron, OH asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I need to file a motion with the court to make a change to my shared parenting plan.

I am starting a full-time nursing program August 12th 2020 through July 1st 2021 and I will not be able to get my daughter on my Wednesday evening visit so my mother was going to take my daughter for those few hours. Now my ex husband is saying he will not allow my mother to take her and that she is not a stand in mother. This has already been verbally discussed and agreed upon and now a few weeks before school starts he has stated this to me. I have been given the opportunity and have had my tuition paid in full for this nursing program and I have communicated everything with him. I also pay him child support and I am current on my support then have the next 11 months of support saved to pay him while I am attending school.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Check your local court web site for the form to file a motion, and whether your court has a legal clinic to assist you, or use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local family law attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.