Brandon, FL asked in Child Support and Family Law for Florida

Q: I have a pending child support case & I’ve been supporting my daughter since she was born 1.5 yrs ago. Should I keep

keep Sending her mother money to help support my daughter or should I wait until the court case is final. I just hate the fact that courts like to say any money sent for support of your child is considered a gift. Which I don’t think is fair. She uses my daughter as leverage to hurt me by not letting me see her on FaceTime or spend time with her alone. She want allow me to take my daughter to meet my family. We live in different cities in Florida 3hrs apart. I trucks over the road

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
B. Elaine Jones
B. Elaine Jones

A: You should have a consultation with a family law attorney to find out what you can do to get more time sharing with your child. If you continue to provide support for your child, make sure to keep track of it and always put in the legend of any checks or money orders child support. Most JUSTIA attorneys offer a free initial consultation. Call one of us today and let us know that you found us on JUSTIA. Good luck.


B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

Bruce Alexander Minnick agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.