Owings Mills, MD asked in Probate and Estate Planning for Pennsylvania

Q: What does it means to no longer live in a home pertainining to a Will

My Mother left a Will pertaining that my if my sibling no longer live at resident the house has to be sold.The sibling wasn't living there when the Will was written hasn't live there for over 2 yrs. never changed there mailing address so all the mail goes there,another sibling and stepfather resides there the sibling is married.Confused

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Cherewka
Michael Cherewka
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Wormleysburg, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: This is a case where cannot give you an answer without reading the exact words of the Will. But in general conditions in a Will such as this are enforceable. So if the Will names a particular sibling, and states that the house is to be sold if that sibling is not living there, and that sibling is not living there, then the house will be sold as part of the estate administration.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.