Chambersburg, PA asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts and Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Hello, I am trying to get out of my lease.

I live in a studio apt that is noisy at late hours and constantly has an overabundance of pungent weed smells going around. I am having health issues and this is not helping. I get dizzy and lightheaded from the smells and it states in the lease that there is no smoking allowed. I have complained and nothing has come of it. I have asked the landlord to please let me out of my lease and I would pay for two months and they could keep my deposit. I have even asked to help assist them in finding someone to move into the apt. Thank you for your time and I look forward to your advice.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Pennsylvania attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could try reposting in the Landlord-Tenant Law section. There's no guarantee that all questions are picked up, but under Landlord-Tenant questions, your post would have better chances. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.