Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: Can ex husband deny my Thanksgiving vacation with our daughter?

Per our custody agreement, my ex husband and I both receive 2 one week vacations a year with our daughter. Because we have not been able to travel recently, I am trying to plan a safe secluded getaway with my daughter and my parents for Thanksgiving break (not flying, but still driving 6 hours away to a family cabin). Based on our schedule which alternates holidays, my days that week are Monday through Wednesday AM and then Thursday AM (Thanksgiving) through Monday, which would give us the whole week minus that one Wednesday which is his. I told my ex our plans and offered to switch him a day on either end in exchange for the Wednesday to travel and he said no. I asked why and he refused to answer. I know he does not have any plans that day especially 4 months in advance. He has a track record of doing these types of things to be spiteful, but I am just getting tired of it. I always let him travel to see his family and have extra days when he wants them. Do I have any recourse?