Merritt Island, FL asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Florida

Q: I was born in florida but we recently moved to pa my mother let me visit florida n my family my step dad is

Very abusive to me n my siblings n my mother but she wont leave him i am in Florida still n i do not want to go back because of how bad it is there but my mom will not let me stay in florida but i have my aunt she has her own house in palm bay i would my own room im gonna get a job n my permit im 16 years old but my mother is gonna try to force me to come back. Ive dealt with dcf my whole life n my step dad always seems to get away with it im worried if i go back ill go back into the dark place i was in because i have no friends there there are no available jobs for me ive been to 2 dif schools in a span of 5 months but my sister is almost 17 n still doesnt have a permit my parents dont help me at all they just bring me down i have positive people around me when im in Florida Im worried for my saftey if i go back ive made a list of everything my step dad has done to us will the cops be on my side or his? Can they force me to come back? Please inform me on what to do. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Have you aunt consult with an attorney immediately. if you were in Pennsylvania for less than six months, the Florida courts have jurisdiction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.