Mcminnville, TN asked in Child Custody for Tennessee

Q: If the judge gives you and your ex husband 50/50 custody until mediation, but refuses to let me see my kid what do I do

He’s trying to get sole custody , and will not let me see our daughter even though the judge gave us both 50/50 . What can I do legally to be able to see my kid?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul E. Tennison
Paul E. Tennison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I recommend you consult with an attorney. If a litigant is failing to follow a Court Order, then usually the best course of action is to file a Motion for Contempt and ask the Judge to hold your Husband accountable for his willful failure to follow a lawful Order. I would want to review the specific custody order at issue during the pendency of the litigation and the file history before filing anything. Good luck.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.