Oakland, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: I won my case after 4 1/2 years I was awarded back money and expect the remainder by check twice a month.

how can i get a breakdown from adjustor WC on the remains of my award? My attorney is not responding to my questions, I cannot contact the WC advisor as I have an attorney? can you help?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy J. Wallace
Nancy J. Wallace
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Grand Terrace, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Sorry, from just this, nobody can know.

Did a WCAB judge make a Finding and Order that you were Temporarily Totally Disabled with a start and stop date?? If not, no Temporary Disability payments are due.

Did a WCAB Judge make a Finding and Order that you have a certain percentage of Partial Permanent Disability? If so, what date did the PPD begin?

Are you due PPD payments at $290/week (if you earned $435/week or more at the date of injury, you get $290/week, but some make less)? If so, use the date the judge wrote you were at Maximum Medical Improvement and count the weeks from that date to the present and multiply @$290/week.

It's very VERY sad you will be paying your attorney thou$and$ and Thou$and$ of YOUR money and you cannot get a simple math question answered. It's against State Bar rules to abandon a client, you should make a note of that IN WRITING (get off the phone, that is a waste, put your question and being abandoned IN WRITING and fax your lawyer).

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.