Tampa, FL asked in Social Security for Florida

Q: Father will not state that he is no longer Representative Payee for son SSI.

Mom was having an emergengy prior to COVID 19, she was the representative payee for son SSI benefit check monthly. She had the kids live with dad but dad returned the kids in 5/5/20. When the kids went to live their father, I (Mom) made sure that she provided him with all of the things need to register kids in school, go to the doctor and also provided information to the Social Security Administration to let them know that son was no longer residing with her. When dad dropped the kids off he did not provide any of the details to support the kids. I can not register them in school, I can not take them to the doctor and he is still get the SSI benfeit check, He resides in a differnt stated

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Report him to the Social Security Administration; what he is doing is a crime.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.