Bronx, NY asked in Family Law and Child Custody for New York

Q: Question Regarding Guardianship in NYS Family Court

I have a NYS Family Law question regarding Custody/Guardianship.

I currently have a court date scheduled for Guardianship of my cousin’s children who were removed from her care in June by CPS due to severe abuse & neglect along with mental illness and drug use.

The court date is set for October 10th but I’d like to know if I can have it rescheduled for a much earlier date and if I can add her son’s petition requesting me as his guardian as well.

Right now the kids are in Miami, FL as I allowed them to stay there with his grandmother for one week but she now is refusing to send them back.

The kids are scared their mother will show up and they want to ASAP.

I currently hold temporary legal guardianship of the children.