Los Angeles, CA asked in Employment Discrimination for California

Q: Will the Court Clerk (CA) accept joinder for pension plan that were prepared and dated 5 months ago?

I had prepared the joinder forms for a pension plan in a divorce proceeding in April. The day I went to file happened to be the first day the Court started closing to the public. Now that the court clerk's office has reopened for filing in person, I want to take these forms to file with the Court Clerk. Do I need to change the date (dated in April) on the forms to the current date since they are 4-1/2 months ago? Will the Clerk accept the forms if I don't update the date on the forms?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: This is not employment discrimination it is Family Law, it has to do with a divorce. If the forms are over your signature, you can change the date, if over someone else's signature leave it be.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.