Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: How does a unwed farther with childern get vistion right when mother wont allow him have visit. An what can be done to b

The unwed farther n mother had a agreements on farther get weekends and every other hoilday. But now mother got new boyfriend the farther cant see the childern. All farther wants is to see childern now n file for full custody when get better living ground. The boyfriend has multiple 3degree felony he associated with gang violence.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Destardes Moore
Destardes Moore
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Generally, an unwed father must file a Petition to Determine Paternity and Establish Time-sharing with the Court in order to obtain visitation rights with their children. Additional documents are required which are listed on the Petition's instructions. The Packet that contains the necessary documents can be obtained from the Clerk's office. Once all of the completed documents have been filed with the Court, the Father should attend a parenting course. Thereafter, mediation and a court hearing may be necessary if the parties cannot come to an agreement on time-sharing. In some cases, a DNA test may be required depending on the facts of the case. Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.