Green Bay, WI asked in Child Support for Wisconsin

Q: Can an ex wife ask the father to sign off on receiving child support if the father moves out of school district?

She pays me child support and we have 50/50 placement, 1 week with her and 1 week with me. Still live within 20 miles of each other but she wants me to sign off on her paying child support because we’re not in same school district. My kids school is only 15 minutes from where I currently live and are in high school with transportation back and forth. She told me to either sign off On child support or she’s taking me to court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Wauwatosa, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: This does not make sense. Child support is not dependent on which school the children attend unless she is paying private school tuition as an offset or you are not going to take your court ordered periods of placement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.