Winter Park, FL asked in Car Accidents for Florida

Q: I had a very minor fender bender Involving my vehicle and a parked vehicle

I was cited for violating limitations of backing statutes but I wasn’t actually driving the vehicle vehicle did not shift fully into park and minutes after I had exited it disengaged from park and jumped through neutral and into which point my Jeep moved very slowly backwards contacting a dodge car making light contact and stoping I have any grounds to dispute the citation which suggests I have as a driver backed my vehicle up in an illegal manner when in fact the vehicle experienced a technical hiccup ata moment when I wasn’t even in the vehicle

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Florida attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. It's possible the other side could raise the issue that the parking brake could have averted the minor accident. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.