North Hills, CA asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for California

Q: What can I do to help my granddaughter who ran away and has a warrant

My granddaughter is 14 years old her mom jumped on her and she defended her self and got thrown in jail she got out missed her court date then she has been on the streets for the last 6 months what can I do to help her and her mom doesn't care what happens to her and she call to ask for money for her but won't let us see her or talk to her because nobody knows where she is at she lives in Louisiana and I'm in California

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I was going to say she should file to be an "emancipated minor" but your last line says she lives in LA, not CA. She needs to seek help from an attorney in LA for both her criminal situation (sounds like self defense) and her parental situation. Look on Justia for an LA attorney that practices in the area of family law- child custody or Criminal law- juvenile.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.