Alhambra, CA asked in Child Custody, Family Law and Criminal Law for California

Q: Approximately how much time will my babies dad have to do and is he at risk for losing custody?

My babies dad has been arrested and sentenced about 4 times for breaking a no contact restraining order, which then was modified to peaceful contact for visitations after our dcf case was open. A week ago my mom made an incident report because she saw him outside my bedroom window. He did it again today and this time the cop said he would be arrested. We had court with dcf today he was not present but they said he should be getting his visits within 14 days once they found a place and monitor. His previous encarcerafions and covid held him back from doing his classes his last release date was March for the no contact order. Recently he got a citation for vandalism and a DA reject for assault w a deadly weapons because there was not enough evidence. I dont know if that affects him but my question is approximately how much time is he looking at and is he at risk for losing the babies?

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: much more info needed.

it depends on a number of factors; his record, who the DA is and who the judge is etc.

this is a question that should be asked of his lawyer by him...........

if you are looking for him to do a lot of time, then maybe pose the question to the DA's office.