Greenville, KY asked in Criminal Law for Kentucky

Q: My 13 year old grandson was pickup but the police for breaking and entering. He is guilty of this charge but the police

Took His phone made him give them his passcode would not let me in the room with while he was being questioned by them is this legal also he has a lawyer now but the police keep coming to my house and harassing him we told the police that he was not going to talk to them without his lawyer present but they just keep coming to the house everyday is there something I can do about this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You should hire a lawyer for him and all that evidence should be suppressed. He is not to be questioned without a parent or attorney present with him.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.