Waycross, GA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Georgia

Q: Can my fiance get in trouble for leaving with her kid's. When she ain't got rights. Does that cancel out the custody

Ok so my finances parents took custody from her. They're hoslitalized with covid her sister asked her to come stay at their parents house ans keep them because she didn't want to watch them at her house. She has no rights. Her sister is controlling her and telling her ahe can't leave with them and can't come to my house nor me come over there or ahe will call the law and she will never see them what can happen if she does leave and come here with them. I have custody of my kid's ans have a stable home

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: This is a difficult situation, as it sounds like the person who has custody is in the hospital. Did that person give someone else temporary guardianship until they get out of the hospital, or make their wishes known to the other family members? Without knowing the answers to such questions it is difficult to say if she can get into trouble. If she is defying wishes that have been made then she may be able to get into trouble. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.