Asked in Probate for Alabama

Q: Mother dies in Connecticut leaving a house to her 4 children.

And she further states if one of her 4 children is deceased at the time of her death\house being sold...that deceased child's portion goes elsewhere. mother's will is probated, (around January) the house sells on July 8…..judge grants permission by order dated July 30 for house to be sold for 260,000.00 and money to be held in escrow for repayment to state for their previous support. (Amt unknown)

In the of her children dies Aug 22 and who lives in a different state..(Alabama) .his last will gets probated Sept 25.

No disbursement order has been received yet as of Oct 6.

QUESTION. What is the chain of events for deceased child's inherited portion of his mother's house?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: The deceased’s share will be given to his estate and then whatever his Will states as far as distribution, then that will dictate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.