Redlands, CA asked in Health Care Law for California

Q: Address and phone number of my son is incorrect. How do I correctly change it without completely redoing

Also, both of the witnesses who signed my Power of Attorney for Healthcare are deceased now

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Not exactly clear what kind of a document you are speaking about. Unless the address and phone number are critical terms of a document, where an error makes it unenforcable, this kind of error is not usually a problem. People move, change phone numbers. As for the witnesses, presumably they were alive when they witnessed, so again, this does not pose a problem unless someone says it isn't your signature. Perhaps the safest thing is to get a new Healthcare POA, with new witnesses, preferably younger than you are. Contact an Estate Planning attorney.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.