Orlando, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: Do I as a Father of a child have a right to know WHO lives in my ex gf's new house?

Me and my ex gf have 50/50 child custody. She moved to her parents after we split up. 2 years later she moves to a new place and won't tell me who she rents the house with. As a Father I am concerned about my son's safety. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You do not have a specific right to know the names of the people that she lives with. You do have a right to know that your son is in a safe environment. You always have the option of going to court if you can offer specific allegations regarding the safety of the child.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.