Los Angeles, CA asked in Civil Litigation for California

Q: The judge ordered me to pay sanctions. My financial situation has changed bc of COVID. What can I do?

CA - I had a fee waiver originally. It was my first motion that I have ever submitted. I tried to submit a motion for reconsideration but I left out the affidavit. The judge told me to work with out a payment plan with the other attorney. The attorney is waiting money that I don't have. They are not telling the judge they want to garnish my wages. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Yelena Gurevich
Yelena Gurevich
  • Studio City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It sounds like you are being sued and within that lawsuit something happened that caused the court to issue sanctions against you. Since you are having financial issues, I highly recommend you speak to a bankruptcy attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.