Chattanooga, TN asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Alabama

Q: How to sue a county in Alabama?

After my father died his siblings went to the courthouse and was allowed to sign an affidavit stating that they were his only living survivors and gave them ownership of land and property without further investigating if that was true. My mother (his wife) and I. (Daughter)was forced to move from our home and recently discovered all of this took place. We went to the courthouse to have them correct this matter and was told we needed a lawyer. I have all documentation to support our claim but need help with this matter.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Yes you do need a lawyer, and quickly. Call an attorney that specializes in probate or estate planning to help you. I don’t know what county you are in but there should be plenty to help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.