Asked in Family Law for Puerto Rico

Q: i gave temporary guardianship to my cousin but i didn't go to a court or a lawyer i just signedknow i want him back

she doesn't want to give him to me she says i have no right but i am his mom and it was an agreement that he would come back with me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Greetings:

You have the right to and will have to file through legal representation in a court of law of law so you have your child back with you and for the court to evaluate if the agreement of temporary custody has been met and and that you are in the best position and ability to provide for your child and his/her well being. This will be establish by the strategy your hired attorney will establish and by meeting the jurisdiction requirements of law and jurisdiction.

We can agree that you have the right to be with your child, but anticipating that it is an adversative procedure, you will have to prepare a case that will have everything the law requires and a defense from someone who might question your capability or fitness to have your kid back with you.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us directly. we will be glad to be at your service.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.