Auburn, ME asked in Family Law and Child Custody for New York

Q: how can i

I was awarded full custody of my daughter back in 2010 in kings county family court I had been raising her myself up until 2016 when the mother came from Suffolk county and took her i did all the running around to courts ping pong for two years but nobody really took any action sufffolk county has been taking child support for 4 years and I’m still on record as the full custodial parent /she did this with no rights and thru public assistance is that legal

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Garden City, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: It all becomes a question of what orders may have been issued. If you still live in Kings County, go to family court and file a writ, the mother will have to appear in court with the child and if you indeed have a valid order, you will leave the court with the child based upon your order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.