Paterson, NJ asked in Landlord - Tenant for New Jersey

Q: Asthmatic trache tenat need new wall. HAVE no place to go n landlord is refusing pay 4 hotel. Weather conditions inside

The cold air, moisture from rain come through this home from outside in. Around the never used closed off A.C. casting. HE wants to put new sheetrock. Medically I can not be inside the apartment. I have absolutely no one I can stay with. It's been 2 years of my COMPLAINTS and I faithfully pay my rent every month on time. I can not pay HI electricity bills another year I'm on SIS. Ty

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Rockaway, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Your situation is complex and beyond the scope of a Justia direct answer. If a NJ resident, I would suggest you contact the Municipal and/or the County Welfare Board for assistance. An alternative source of assistance may be the Legal Aid Society. Contact the County Bar Association for more information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.