San Antonio, TX asked in Medical Malpractice for Texas

Q: Work related injury had two knee surgeries and still don't have an ACL what can I do.

I received a work-related injury which caused to have an arthroscopic surgery was told by the first surgeon that I was fine and there's nothing else he can do and I was not given any pain medication for the first week after my first surgery I was told that they had no prescription for me so I felt all of the pain. went to a second surgeon I was told that I don't have an ACL and he was to perform a second surgery and did in return I still have no ACL is there anything I can do about this situation. My pc doctor is putting in a request to see a third surgeon to have a full knee replacement. There is more details that I am leaving out due to it being a public question. What can I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. Your question is complex and raises more than one issue. If you are inquiring from the standpoint of medical practice on the part of the providers, as a starting point, you could reach out to med mal attorneys. Most offer free initial consults, and if they suspected the basis for a case, they would likely need to request your records. You do not mention a workers' comp attorney, but you indicate this took place in the course of employment. If you do not already have a workers' comp attorney for this matter, you could consider reaching out to one. If your PC physician's request for a full-knee replacement is denied, a workers' comp attorney could outline for you what that means in terms of appeals, etc. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.