Brawley, CA asked in Car Accidents and Juvenile Law for California

Q: What is the easiest way for a 15 yo to get emancipated

Abusive stepdad,can not pay, mom says she is going to take him back after his classes. That can not stand.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: google a family law attorney in your area.

maybe someone would take you on pro bono without payment.

type up a summary of all the facts so you will have them ready for the lawyer.........all your info and same on mom and stepdad. much more info is needed and the lawyer is more inclined to help if they see the client is organized and does not force them to play secretary.

list what stepdad has been etc

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.