Salinas, CA asked in Employment Law for California

Q: What can I do if I get fired? I didn’t disclose to my employer of my learning disability.

I work in the state of California for a big retailer, I was hired back in October for a seasonal position. Recently there was a situation where I didn’t take my lunch meal. That day was a very busy day, we had a lot of customers and I was the only one at the front to assist. I lost track of time because of this and was focused on the customers. On the next day I had a talk with the GM and was told that I should change the times on my timesheet to say that I did take it even though I didn’t take my lunch , I didn’t not voluntarily decide to not take my lunch. Did I make the wrong decision to lie on my timesheet? Although the GM is right that no one prevented me from taking my lunch. I didn’t chose to voluntarily skip it. The next day the schedule is published , but I am not scheduled for the entire month. I have learning disabilities but I didn’t disclose that to my employer. I have a difficult time keeping track of time when focused on tasks. I need a reminder to keep me on track.