Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: i got indicated manf.and deleveraging but iwas not in town and someone else got cought with drugs and said it was mine

they kicked my door in with a warrant that only had on it saying arrest warrent and judge signed nothing else they didnt arrest me for another week for that crime plus the officer that was in lead postion of crime was kick off the force . they indicted little over two yrs after will this hold up in court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Grant St Julian III
Grant St Julian III
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: No one in this forum can answer your question with any degree of certainty. I would bet the amount of evidence in the State's possession is more than the 4 lines of information provided in your question. Accordingly, without knowing the totality of the evidence in the case, it is impossible to make any evaluation of the matter. Call your attorney. Good luck.

Kiele Linroth Pace agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.