Hattiesburg, MS asked in Traffic Tickets for Mississippi

Q: Can I pay my fine without going to court?

I had got into a car accident that wasn’t my fault but I didn’t have insurance and license at the time but I have my license and insurance now and I have court in feb. since I don’t stay where I had the accident at can I just pay the fine and don’t go to court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: You can; however, sometimes, the Court may be more lenient if you gather the necessary documentation before your court date. I would also highly encourage you to speak with a lawyer concerning the wreck. If the wreck was not your fault, and instead was caused by someone else, then that may mean that you are entitled to compensation for the damage to your vehicle and any injuries that you may have suffered. Feel free to reach out to anyone on here by clicking the contact information next to their name. Most lawyers, including myself, offer free consultations to see how we can help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.