Readyville, TN asked in Real Estate Law for Tennessee

Q: My parents have property both in puerto rico an Tennessee dad passed how do we change the deed to the property in TN

Mon is still living in PR 93years old and it's 3 kids

Can we deed the property in TN with out do anything with the one in PR. One if the siblings has always lived there an we would like to deed it

To that sibling

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Hire a competent attorney in TN to conduct a title search and determine heirship. Draft, execute and record an Affidavit of Heirship. Then he drafts a Deed from the owner(s) to the grantee sibling. The PR property should be handled by a PR lawyer, for which there are several here on Justia. The Affidavit can also be recorded there if it helps give a source of title.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.