Gilbert, AZ asked in Immigration Law for Arizona

Q: I am an American citizen and have a girlfriend that is from Venezuela and lives in Mexico how can she come to U.S.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL

A: OK so if you have physically met your girlfriend, and she is living in Mexico, she can be sponsored by you for a fiancée visa and process her K visa at the US consulate in Mexico. A foreign national living in a country that is not native to his or her passport or birth, can still seek permission by selecting the consulate to process at in the country the foreign national is currently living in. Consider working with counsel to help you with your situation. Some of us charge a very affordable flat fee to handle the case from start to finish, and counsel in any state can represent you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.