Houston, TX asked in Car Accidents for Texas

Q: Is my son entitled to compensation if a driver hit his father (pedestrian) causing possible permanent disability.

He was paying child support and can no longer work, due to injury and possible mental capacity changes.

I am also curious if there could be any payment for my son for time missed with his father. we are looking at long time hospitalization with no visits.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. Only a local attorney could advise meaningfully as to the operation of first-party benefits and the type of jurisdiction Texas is in terms of such benefits, but as a general premise, a number of different forms of money damages could be asserted in any given injury case.

The best thing for you to do would be to reach out to a Texas attorney who handles injury cases (and an attorney who handles disability cases, based on your mention of a possible permanent disability - maybe you could find a law firm that works in both areas) to discuss in detail. Most attorneys who work in this area offer free initial consults. I hope your son's father's condition improves. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.