Tracy, CA asked in Divorce, Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Civil Rights for California

Q: Judgment Default filed 2018, DVRO, I go to jail. Now I learned why, wife married another man 2008- we reconciled in 2011

she married some other man while being married to me and lived with him in Texas, then came the theatrics dragging me into court on a divorce she filed for in March 07, the court completely ignoring my request to dismiss. court attorney and wife persuade me to sign divorce papers tell me its final i do not have to come back to court. Wrong, she continues litigating behind my back not once did she serve me notice summons/petition. Until two months after she secured Judgement dissolution of marriage then the court grants her the false reported DVRO which i end going to jail for violating it falsely accused of sending her an email. Now I know why she has been living a double life being with this guy while with me and she hid assets do i have action to appeal have her jailed for fraud and sue for all of the assets ? if so what would Appeal under now that I have the smoking gun

1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Much too complicated to answer on a public forum. Need to review all documents, judgments, and your proof.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.