Shreveport, LA asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: Iam in desperate need of a criminal lawyer for my son charged with 2nd degree murder we have no money pro bono

Needing help or direction to ensure my son gets a fair hearing and or deal on his current charges

We can afford a lawyer looking for a pro bono lawyer

he has 2 charges of 2nd degree murder, tampering, arson been in jail since last part of 2019

This happened in Sullivan County therefore I dont know who to reach out to or if I have to reach out to layers in Sullivan county or if I can go outside that county, since there was a high television interaction when this first happened and needs help from outside the current area

please help send me in the right direction

we know my son will do time but not life it was a accident and no one wants to hear what happened from his side of things they have convicted him even before the case has yet to be heard

Thank you for your time

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: The accused has the right to an attorney. But if you cannot afford an attorney, you'll need to contact the public defender's office in the county where the charges are pending to get representation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.